Friday, August 13, 2010

BPL 2010/11


The new BPL season is just one day away! I will be covering a little on Liverpool, my club.

Liverpool go into the new season with many new signings. Last season was disappointing and once again it will be a tough fight among the elite of England. I believe as many as 6 teams are capable of challenging for the top 4 spots. They are : Liverpool(of course), Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Tottenham and last and definitely least, Manchester United(boo!!!).

I am super excited for the new season, especially with Pool's new signings!! Here they are:

In: Danny Wilson
Jonjo Shelvey
Milan Jovanovic(Woohoo!)
Joe Cole(Can it get any better?)
Christen Poulsen(Just in!)
Alexander Hleb!!(Possible)
Emilio Insua(Negotiations failed with Fiorentina)
Fabio Aurelio(He's back!)
Brad Jones
Out: Benayoun(Chelsea)
Degen(Loan;Stuttgart)
Mascherano(Barcelona/Inter)


Liverpool took to sell Mascherano to Barcelona in a cash+player deal. Barcelona will pay around $15m and will give us Alexander Hleb, the former Arsenal midfielder.

It's going to be a tough battle to fight for a place in the first 11 with so many signings, especially the midfield. Lucas,Aquilani,Poulsen,Gerrard,Kuyt,Cole,Maxi,Babel,Shelvey and Spearing. WOW! I am looking forward to seeing Jovanovic up front with Torres. Oh yeah, Torres and Gerrard are staying! Liverpool are still looking for a English striker to add to their squad, following the new rule. Tottenham has demanded $15m for Peter Crouch while West Ham wants $20m for Carlton Cole...

The one problem I have is MioTV. This season's matches are screened on MioTV by Singtel and therefore my family will have to get it installed. The bad thing is that it needs to be connected to a phone line. There isn't one behind my telly. This means there'll be lots of wires. This means it will be ugly! Hope I do eventually get to watch the BPL. Try harder Starhub!

I wish Liverpool the best of luck this season and hope to see them win trophies! Anyone has feedback on MioTV please leave a comment! Thanks!

2 comments:

KANG JUN YI said...

Hey Kevyn! Good luck to Liverpool! Actually, I don't watch BPL so I would not say much. First of all, I don't think you should criticize other football clubs so openly, especially on a public blog. For example, would you like it if someone comes to this blog and he happens to be a Manchester United fan in this case, and criticize Liverpool right before your very eyes? I'm sure you would not like so I hope you can change this behavior of yours and learn to respect other. And no, I am not criticizing you, I'm just telling you. Anyways you have a nice blog here. Keep it up!

Kevyn said...

It's a tactic I use to get people to comment, and you have fallen for it!