Friday, August 27, 2010

The End Of The Youth Olympic Games

Yesterday saw the first ever Youth Olympic Games held here in Singapore finally come to a close. During the 12 days of competition, there were definitely many moments to remember. My favourite moment of the games was the journey of the Cubs, who clinched the bronze medal. They played exceptionally well and lived up to expectations.

In the bronze medal match, Singapore captain Jeffery Lightfoot suffered a cut to his head and had to be taken to the hospital. I was really sad and sympathized with Jeffery because it was his final match representing Singapore as a youth and it had to end with an injury. Fortunately, he managed to return to the Stadium to receieve his bronze medal. By the way, I'm currently reading the book he recommended me so I'll be reviewing it soon! Check back in a week or so!

There are definitely many promising young sportsmen all around the world and I think Singapore is not that far behind. It was absolutely delighting to be able to catch the athletes compete in our own country and I'm really sad that it has to end so fast. I am really proud that my country could host the world's first YOG and I hope that we get to host another huge event like this. The world saw what we had to offer and I certainly hope they are impressed.

Feel free to leave any comments on the YOG!

It's finally time to say goodbye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to note that the YOG drew that sense of pride and patriotism your had for Singapore. Yes, Singaporeans ought to be proud that as a relatively small country, we managed to host the first YOG with such great success.

ycm